By Chef Nicodemus
- All-purpose Baking flour
- White wine vinegar
- cornstarch or corn flour
- Green pepper
- Red onion
- Ajinomoto salt
- Mustard paste
- Turmeric powder
- Garlic powder
- Bread crumbs
- Black pepper
- Sunflower oil or corn oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- ½kg Chicken drum-sticks
Preparation of marinated chicken
- Take each chicken and Push the meat to one end and wash
- Boil water and put the chicken drum sticks
- After the water boils for a shot while, add onions, soy sauce and salt or seasoning.
- Let it boil for 8- 10 minutes.
- Prepare the ginger and garlic and put in a bowl, then add two eggs and mix
- Remove the chicken pieces from boiling water and put them in the. Mix well.
- Put a half a cup of baking flour and corn flour in a different bowl, add paprika and garlic powder and mix well.
- Put the flour mixture to the chicken mixture and mix well.
- Cover the chicken pieces bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil till it’s hot enough
- Fry the chicken piece in medium heat until they’re golden and crisp.
Preparation of the salad
- Prepare lettuce by tearing with your hands.
- Cut the green pepper in julienne.
- Cut the cucumber.
- Combine the lettuce, green pepper and cucumber. Do not toss.
- Mix well the white wine vinegar, mustard paste, black pepper and sunflower oil then sprinkle on the salad.
High protein content
Chicken lollipops provide the daily protein requirement that are building blocks for muscles.
A source of vitamins and Minerals
It’s also a good source of minerals and vitamins such as vitamin B which helps the body with energy production, vitamin D which helps in calcium absorption for strengthening of bines and Vitamin A which is essential in building a better eyesight.
Reduced amounts of cholesterol
The amount of fats and cholesterol in chicken are of lower levels compared to the levels found in red meat. Consuming chicken lollipops lowers the risk of cholesterol and other heart diseases.
Check out our GBS TV blog post for more healthy recipes on let's cook.