By Trevor Koech
- 1-1½kg Fish
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- ½ cup Coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon Fish masala
- Blended garlic and ginger
- Green pepper
Marinating the fish
- Slice the fish on the sides.
- Sprinkle salt on the fish.
- Put the blended ginger and garlic inside the slices and keep it for 1 -2 hours before cooking.
- Heat the oil and fry the marinated fish for 10 minutes on each side.
Preparing the sauce.
- Cut the onions.
- Cut the tomatoes.
- Cut the green pepper.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and stir in the onion. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Add tomatoes and green pepper and cook for 1- 2 minutes.
- Put the black pepper and fish masala. Mix well.
- Add water then the coconut milk and mix.
You can simmer the fried fish in the sauce or serve the fried fish and spread the sauce on it.
You can serve with rice, ugali or any other appropriate starches.
Lauric acid in coconuts is essential as it supports the immune system.
- Omega-3 fatty acids helps is maintaining a healthy heart by reducing the blood pressure thus reduces risk of heart attack and sudden deaths.
- Helps maintain a healthy brain functionality and nervous system development in infants.
Check out our GBS TV blog post for more delicious recipes in Let's Cook.